This up and coming social media video app is surpassing the likes of Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and Snapchat in monthly App Store installs. TikTok is a channel you should seriously be considering if your audience is Gen Z or Millennial.
Here are the stats via MediaKix:
- TikTok was downloaded more than 660M times in 2018.
- TikTok is more popular on Android than iOS.
- More than 500 million people globally use TikTok monthly
- 26.5 million of the 500 million monthly active users are from the U.S.
- TikTok’s user base is largely based in India at 43% of all users.
- 66% of users are younger than 30-years-old.
- Users typically spend around 52 minutes per day on the app.
- 80% of TikTok’s sessions are on Android devices.
- In-app purchases increased by 275% year-over-year.
- 29% of monthly users open TikTok every day.
- The #RaindropChallenge has over 685.7 million views on TikTok.
- Jimmy Fallon’s #TumbleweedChallege created 8,000 videos with over 9 million views in 7 days.
- There are more than 5 million #InMyFeelings challenge videos on TikTok compared to 1.7 million on Instagram.